Effective 8 July 2008.
The United Nations University welcomes and values your contributions to the Our World 2.0 web magazine. If you would like to send feedback directly, please contact the Our World 2.0 team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure that the information posted on the Our World 2.0 webzine is useful and constructive, we ask everyone who contributes to review and agree to the basic rules set out in this policy.
We encourage you to communicate freely and openly about the themes covered in Our World 2.0. We ask individuals to share their opinions on these matters through the comments section of each article.
We hope that Our World 2.0 will become a place where discussion and debate will take place in a genuine and respectful manner, but we do not intend that the result to be a uniformity of opinion.
The views that are expressed by individual contributors do not represent an official view of the United Nations University.
Rules when posting to Our World 2.0
- You agree to post only material that is relevant to the topic being discussed or the information being sought.
- You agree not to post any material that you do not have the right to post, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws.
- You agree that your posted contributions will be licensed under the Creative Commons license applicable to comments where you post your material.
- You must not post any unsolicited or unauthorized materials, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising.
- You may not post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Our World 2.0 site or servers or networks connected to the Our World 2.0 site, or that disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Our World 2.0 site.
The UNU reserves the right to delete any content that, and to block any contributor who, in our judgment violates the law, is in breach of these rules, or otherwise fails to respect other members of the Our World 2.0 community. The UNU also reserves the right take any other action as may be appropriate in the circumstances.
Rules when using Our World 2.0
By using Our World 2.0, you understand that all information and content made available at, or submitted to, the Our World 2.0 website is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. You also acknowledge that the United Nations University does not make any representations or warranties about, including without limitation, the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content and information made available at the instigation of users of Our World 2.0.
Under no circumstances is the United Nations University liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to: any infringing content, any errors or omissions in content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Our World 2.0.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of such content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any content not created by the United Nations University or submitted to United Nations University, including without limitation, information in any part of Our World 2.0.
You further agree that, while United Nations University makes every effort to ensure that the content made available at the Our World 2.0 is legal, non-infringing and that the use of it in accordance with these rules and other applicable policies, the UNU cannot guarantee that all content made available at this site does not infringe the rights of any third party.